Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fighting for the Law!

Please see: Richard Mourdock is a Hero in my Book

Yesterday, I sent an e-mail to Mr. Mourdock thanking him for the courage to stand up for our imperial federal government:

Mr. Mourdock,

I just finished watching your interview with Maria Bartiromo and wanted to let you know that I'm thankful for you standing up for the law. As a banker, it's frustrating to see what's going on in the credit markets and the implications on credit investments. The value of your other current bonds will likely fall if the precedent is set that secured lenders are not allowed to collect on their claims. If this fight is lost, then the credit markets are going to price this "political intervention" risk into bonds, leading to higher interest rates for any loan, and a terribly slow economic recovery. Thanks again for fighting the fight.

Jim


This morning he responded to me and I will post just a small piece of what he wrote:

Jim,

Thanks for the note of encouragement. This is not easy duty but it is the right thing to do. My oath of office (it’s on my wall in front of me at this moment…) says that I will “… support the Constitution of the United States” and the laws of the State of Indiana. The rights stripped away from “secured creditors” is an act of theft by the United States government and counter to the Constitutional provision that prohibits the “taking” of property without due process of law...

Again, thanks for your support. It truly does mean a great deal to me as this is one of life’s more solitary moments as many friends have gone their separate ways for the sake of popularity.

Richard


You have to respect this man for what he is doing by fighting for the rule of law. If he doesn't fight it, then our country will descend into a collectivist sinkhole run by political hacks fed by lobbyist money. King Obama, a Harvard trained lawyer and constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago, has completely disregarded the law in favor of political expediency.

No comments: